It’s tempting to hire someone that you know and trust. However, the purchase and sale of a home is a major transaction that should be handled by a qualified Realtor. Don’t be afraid to interview and find the person most qualified to assist you. Not sure what to ask your prospective Realtor? Here are some suggestions:
- Why did you become a real estate agent?
- Why should I work with you?
- What do you do better than other real estate agents?
- What process will you use to help me find the right home for my particular wants and needs and/or sell my home?
- What are the most common things that go wrong in a transaction and how would you handle them?
- What are some mistakes that you think people make when buying/selling their home?
- What other professionals do you suggest we work with and what are their credentials?
- Can you provide me with references or testimonials from past clients?